SailNet Community - View Single Post - Uh Oh.....This may be a deal breaker....
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Late to this discussion, but you've gotten some good advice... Basically sometimes you just have to take the time to gradually allow someone to adjust to the conditions out there.

We often turned back in the early days if conditions were such that she was uncomfortable.. patience and understanding worked eventually - it was the first week long cruise at the end of our first summer (on a skinny little 24 footer) that really turned her around.

Unfortunately I don't think your sailing area is that kind of environment..
Did the same and its good advice. Whenever we went out early in the piece I'd always keep an eye on the Wombet and if I saw her looking a little concerned we'd just turn around.

End result ... we sailed up to the lake saw plus 35, did the race saw plus 30 and saw plus 30 coming home ... the Wombet ? Didin't bat an eyelid.

What I find interesting though is the OP's talk of 50'ers. The problem occurred on a 30'er which is likely to be a tad twitchy after all .... chances are something early 40s would be quite suitable and overcome the problems. 50' just seems like overkill.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook