SailNet Community - View Single Post - My wife wouldn't step foot on my boat but now....
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
You know, getting your wife involved if you are lake sailing or just puttering around the coast... I guess that is 50:50. There is enough stuff going on with the kids half the times that I just end up singling everywhere.

If you are doing anything even slightly more serious, especially offshore: BETTER MAKE SURE SHE CAN TOTALLY SINGLE THAT BOAT!!

I pesonally would not own a boat I/she could not single: and that includes in the dock, out of the dock, and all the sheets. Just does not seem safe to me.

All that being said, she typically will fight me over the helm half the time when she can. She thinks it is really funny to send me down for a beer while she is at the helm. Personally, I have come to regret the whole teaching her to steer thing....

Better think about that guys!!! Learn from my mistakes!!!!

HAHA I am just kidding. Get them involved, you will have more fun and it will be safer.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook