SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Lofrans Tigres Install, Wirless remote
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011

rivertest is on a distinguished road
New Lofrans Tigres Install, Wirless remote

I am currently thinking about the installation of a Lofrans Tigress windlass and wireless remote switching unit (Not Lofrans)

My intention is not to use any foot or rocker switches and understand the drawbacks and limitations. If it does cause problems then they will be relatively easy to add at a later date.
The intention is to have the windlass solenoid and wireless unit mounted in a box inside the forward cabin within a meter or so of the windlass.

With reference to the schematic here

http://www.seatechmarineproducts.com...ng_Diagram.jpg

I need to provide the remote unit with a pos and neg supply. What would be the 'best practice' for doing this.
Run a 2 core from the distribution board at the nav area via a spare switch, or is there a more convenient way to do it?

I am pulling through 2 thumping great cables anyway so one more wouldn’t matter.

I did think about taking the pos feed from the solenoid pos battery connection and fusing it. This would conveniently switch on the unit when the main breaker was closed. But somehow that didn't seem right and obviously that still left the negative to obtain.

Any guidance much appreciated

Si
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook