SailNet Community - View Single Post - Common production boats I can singlehand?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
If you can get a boat with an auto-pilot, especially one that has a wind direction sensor, then most boats in that size can be single-handed. I had no problem at all on the Jeanneau 43DS and 49DS but I never was in a great hurry, so tacking was usually a comfortably slow affair (hit the "tack" buttons on the autoilot, boat tacks through 110 degrees and while it is changing headings I loosen the genoa sheet on one side and winch it in on the other, if I get the timing right then I don't even have to winch much under pressure. If I have the traveler off the centre then I loosen it to the appropriate angle before tacking and don't have to touch any mainsail controls until I take the play out of the traveler after the maneuver.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook