SailNet Community - View Single Post - Now that I killed the 3gm30
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
I just re-ringed my 3GM30F. It was neither difficult nor expensive. Runs like a top now. Also wound up hydro-locking once a few years ago but did not bend a rod. It's a common situation with these below exhaust installations. Unless you cannot get up to hull speed, there's really no reason to increase horsepower--just a waste of fuel. I think my re-ring, without a rod, cost around $400 for a new ring set and gaskets, considerably cheaper than a new motor. Did all the work myself and was able to drop the pan right in the boat so did not even have to disconnect the shaft.
What did you do about the surface of the cylinders themselves? Did you hone themm to get rid of any glaze?........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook