SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who sells quality used aluminum spars in the North Eastern U.S.?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardluckcharlie View Post
Can anybody help me locate a reputable dealer for used aluminum spars? I am trying to work out what I would anticipate for expenses while I run the numbers on potential rebuilds that I am interested in purchasing.

For that matter.... any information on resources in the N.E. for used sailboat hardware would be greatly appreciated.

For reference - I am working to locate a 36' to 38' rebuildable steel offshore boat and will be looking for appropriately sized hardware.

The attached photo is of my last boat which regretfully I sold many years ago. I am trying to find something similar that will be a long term project.... that I can afford. Thank you!
Check out Good Old Boat magazine or their website - they have a long list of consignment stores all over North America. In my experience, lots of these places have spars and rigging for sale.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook