SailNet Community - View Single Post - Croatia
Thread: Croatia
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HTP View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I found it earlier this year while looking for recommended charter companies in Croatia, and I want to echo PCP's recommendation.

We booked a Dufour 455 with Ban Tours out of Rogoznica and couldn't have been more pleased with the experience. They're a small but growing outfit with a fleet of 15 Dufours from 11-15m, and they own the boats. Our boat was impeccably maintained and the staff very friendly and helpful. The service felt very personal.

I would also add that Croatia is a fantastic destination for a 2-week charter, and that the islands, anchorages and marinas are plentiful enough that itineraries are best planned as the wind blows. We rarely knew where we would be more than a day or two in advance. Our route was much like Maxivalt's first suggestion, hopping from island to island sailing to and from Dubrovnik over two weeks. It was a memorable trip.
I have nothing to do with Ban yatchs, but after you, David had also charted there a Dufour 34e and said nice things about them.

Last year I have charted with Salona, I like the boats more, but I had some problems that they had tried to sort out, but problems anyway and I have to say that on the Ban tours they are just nicer with people.

I post this because I believe that in the same way bad things should be reported also the good things should be posted because they can be useful to others. I have just received information from the Ban tours that they have 6 new boats (2012) and that for a very small company is a lot of new boats.

Charting a boat that smells to new, and a brand new model, is for me different from chartering a 3 or 4 year old boat and the prices are not basically different but the availability is, so if you are interested in a new boat you have just to book soon.

They are going to be on the main European salons that are from October to January and they will sell all new boat charter contracts there.

New fleet will be consisted of:
∑ 2 x Dufour 445 GL (2012) – Full batten main sail
∑ 1 x Dufour 445 GL (2012) – Roll main sail
∑ 1 x Dufour 375 GL (2012) – Full batten main sail
∑ 1 x Dufour 375 GL (2012) – Roll main sail
∑ 1 x Dufour 335 GL (2012) – Full batten main sail

regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-25-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook