SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
After Sweden yachts and Maxy yachts (Najad group) it is the time of another North European company to go under. This time it seems that it is the end for another company that have made many great boats: Finngulf.

I had the opportunity to say on this thread that their new boat, a remake of the 37, did not make much sense.

It looked old fashioned and the only alteration from the 37 seemed to be a a badly designed transom and the two wheel set-up on a lousy presentation

It seems that it was not only me that found that. The commands did not appear and they lost their only hope for recovering.

http://www.finngulf.com/binary/file/-/id/1/fid/251

They were in trouble and were already rescued but they have persisted in the same route, offering a similar product at the same price. That is just a bad policy and one that would normally fail.

I am afraid that the same is going to happen with Cabo Rico. They are in trouble, have been given some oxygen but they are not changing anything...so how do they expect to survive?

Has an opposite example, Dehler that was in trouble (bought by Hanse) modified the line of its boats (Dehler 41) lowered the prices and modified their production line with an huge reorganization. I don't know if they are going to succeed but at least they are trying the right way: Changing boat design and lowering prices.

Last edited by PCP; 10-25-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook