SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Gemini Quality vs. Hunter Gemini Quality
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011

zboss is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the feedback so far...

I'm really looking at buying a new Gemini and not really concerned that the boat is "built to a price point" since that is really what makes this a compelling buy for me. We simply cannot afford a new PDQ or similar and buying a much later model PDQ (or similar) would make that boat a mid-90's which introduces problems of it's own.

I am interested in any design changes that Hunter may be implementing. Your information on the non-US sourced parts combined with comments by Perf. Cruising that one of the reasons they partnered with Hunter was to "assist in volume buying" leads me to conclude that the Gem will soon be equipped with the same components as the Hunter - as soon as the existing stock of the old components is used up. IIRC New Hunters use the same components as much more expensive boats.

I think it was a wise choice for Performance Cruising to partner with Hunter from a business standpoint and I am hoping a year from now, Hunter will be able to bring some of their expertise to bear and improve on some of the process engineering.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook