SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Gemini Quality vs. Hunter Gemini Quality
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011

kd3pc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
leads me to conclude that the Gem will soon be equipped with the same components as the Hunter - as soon as the existing stock of the old components is used up. IIRC New Hunters use the same components as much more expensive boats.
the replacement of the drive leg will be problematic to anyone, let alone Hunter, if in fact they go that far. There is nothing in the Hunter line that will replace the engine/drive they currently use, and still get the draft and keep the price point.

Perhaps going back to twin outboards, ala the earlier models? Dual engines and trans and shafts will be an instant 20-25% price increase, assuming the glass can be reworked to hold them and the added weight would not be an issue....

Were I you, I would have a LONG talk with The Cat Company, as my understanding is they are the drivers of any new molds/technical upgrades and things that you are looking for....80% theirs at least.

i.e. Hunter is just building the boats, nothing more...

Best of luck
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook