SailNet Community - View Single Post - THIS is a great topic! IS it feasable for 4 kids?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim M View Post
Is this feasable? Has anyone had success with younger kids on longer sail trips?
There are plenty of families cruising full time, not just for a week or two. Entirely possible. The Discovery Channel followed a family with two teens who grew up on their boat sailing around the world. The oldest ended up with a golf scholarship to college.

I asked a family I met once (sold their house and sailed the Pacific, now in New Zealand) how on earth you end up playing enough golf to get a scholarship and was told that lots of families sail in a flotilla so that the kids can socialize and there are golf courses along the Southern CA, Mexico coasts that cater to boaters.

Who knew?

I listen to the podcasts of this family from the UK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook