SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who wants to sail tomorrow?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
I had someone over today (Saturday) to coach on weather faxes at 1100. After he left at 1300 I looked around to steady rain mixed with light sleet and scattered snow. Docks weren't too bad. I did have a client call (by dinghy) at 1500 which wasn't a lot of fun but it was a quick stop to install some bits that shipped in this morning.

I'm a big fan of practicing skills and today's winds weren't bad once you get out of the slip but the cold and precipitation would be no fun at all.

Anyone planning to go out today and calling it good conditions can't read a weather forecast much less a synoptic. Not good judgment.
I went out this morning and other than being below freezing when I left and just above when I got back the winds were light at around 10 knots. Just me and some seals and one lone lobsterman.. I wanted to beat the Nor' Easter and predicted 30-40 & gusting to 55 knots....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook