SailNet Community - View Single Post - New sails, brands, quality, price.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011
kindsail

kindsail is on a distinguished road
New sails, brands, quality, price.

Hello all, We have a Kirie Elite 30R. Some of you may be familiar w/ the boat as a Feeling 850. We currently have the original main sail that is becoming worse for the wear at 27 years old, and a 130% genoa that is not made for our boat I believe. I wonder if anyone could give some input on brands, quality of, and prices of sails that you have purchased. I am looking for something in the Performance cruiser/racing level and would like a new main, new genoa, and a smaller jib for higher winds of 10 to 20mph. We are novice but gaining experience fast and knowing that the genoa we have now may not be the best sail for our vessel. She's a racer weighing in at under 6,000lbs. I have noticed excessive healing w/ this genoa that I believe is due to the sail being made for a heavier boat. We enjoy the performance of our racing boat, even just for fun cruises, so we do want sails that will give us good power. I have contacted several sail makers including, North, Doyle, Hood, and Sobstad sails. If you know of a reputable company w/ a quality product, have had experience w/ one I listed(good or bad), or can steer me away from someone you have used and were unhappy with, PLEASE, let me know your experiences. I have never purchased new sails and can tell that time has proven to do nothing but improve them! THANKS!!