SailNet Community - View Single Post - New sails, brands, quality, price.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011

JimsCAL is on a distinguished road
If you are new to this, its probably best to talk to a local loft, though not sure what you have there in Oklahoma. They can provide advice, measure your boat, provide after-sale service etc. but at a price of course. A purchase from an online loft would save money, but you have to know what you want, do your own measurements, and if something is wrong with the delivered sail, resolving it will be a hassle. And most online lofts deal mostly with crosscut dacron cruising sails.

My guess is that each sail for your boat will range from about $1000 or so for a dacron crosscut sail from an online loft to $3000 or so for a racing sail from a local full service loft. I bought a club race dacron main from North online about 10 years ago for my previous boat and was very happy with it. Mainesail who is a very experienced poster here has had some good things to say about National Sail Supply. FXSails has a nice website that gives you immediate pricing and offer a range of products, but I have no direct experience with their products.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook