Join Date: Aug 2006
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
A few questions about outfitting a new boat
Hi: I am actually doing some homework (vs just letting the old compulsive buyer come out) and have a couple of more questions about outfitting a new Tartan 3400:
1. The brochure says Yanmar saildrive, the dealer says Volvo. I don't even know if there is an option, but if there is...what is the preference?
2. I posted a reply to an old thread about mainsail slides/battcars, etc and may not get much response; is one better than another?
3. Are most of you in favor of upgrading winches?
4. Any thoughts about hardtop dodgers vs the traditional soft top?
5. Are there any marine audio systems that are compatible with IPODs or other types of MP 3 players? They typically don't put in the best equipment on a new boat, so I thought I would check.
6. On electronics - C or E from Raymarine?
I know there is a lot here...sorry!