SailNet Community - View Single Post - New sails, brands, quality, price.
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011
kindsail

kindsail is on a distinguished road
Marty, Wow, thanks for the detailed information you provided. I am only using a 130% now and am thinking this is too much for winds over 10 knots. It could be the sail though as i mentioned above. Wondering if your boat might be a bit heavier than ours. We are near having the rails in the water on an average windy day here in OK. I am using all the techniques I can find to reduce heel and still feel like we could have a different sail that would provide us w/ the same amount of power and not as much heeling. While we are novices at this sport/hobby, I have been diligently studying since we found our boat was a race boat during the purchase process. We like this, and I am extremely intrigued w/ all the added equipment. But, even with the main flattened out and the genoa as flat as can be, we still are pushing limits in low winds. Might be the nature of the boat itself. Haven't been on her long enough to know yet. I was considering the next sail being a 90%ish jib, a little stronger for 10 to 20 mph winds.