SailNet Community - View Single Post - New sails, brands, quality, price.
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011
kindsail

kindsail is on a distinguished road
While I do agree w/ the one beef per loft notion. I also have been experiencing a lack of courtesy and consideration in many fields of the service industry these days. If I can weed out a few from the git go over nominal problems I feel I am for the better. In this case there seem to be many w/ the same complaint so... There are little to no lofts in the Oklahoma area, hence my internet search. Sailors at our marina know of a guy, but he has no wide scale reputation. I would prefer to know that the sail maker I choose has been dignified w/ a win or two in a renowned race. I definitely don't want to invest that much money in a small unknown individual. Many smaller lofts also don't offer the materials I am looking at from what I have found. I would like to gain as much knowledge on specifics and experiences as I can before making any decisions for certain. Hopefully I will end up w/ a set of sails that provide everything we need by virtue of my persistence. Thanks for your input and I will talk w/ more sailors at our marina and lake. Not many, if any racers at our marina, might have to venture out on the lake to the sailing club for some local input.