SailNet Community - View Single Post - Live Aboard Recomended Boat List
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
The parameters give a false expectation that a specific length and model of a vessel has a specific range of value. Year, condition, equipment, location and more have a huge effect on value as well as the motivation of the seller. There is also a great variety in the space that is functional for different crews and crew numbers within similar vessels and varieties of interior layouts for the same model years. Then add the differences in intended cruising areas that affect choices of draft, rig, performance, and vertical clearance. Any attempt to lay out the recommended vessels by length, price and and a couple of other criteria will be a disadvantage to anyone shopping for what might be best for them. I like a vessel that has a shoal draft and presents a gentile profile to what I might encounter under water and will not snag pot lines with a skeg or prop. I needed to buy a vessel that could clear 55' fixed bridges and provide separate cabins for my son and daughter. I want easy engine access and DIY possibilities. Where would I or anybody else find what they need on such a chart? I like your eager hope to have such a list, but I can't imagine one that functions. Take care and joy, Aythya crew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook