SailNet Community - View Single Post - House or Boat?
Thread: House or Boat?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Congratulations. Getting away for a leave ia on our radar prior to retirement, which is at least a decade off. I would have to manage some responsibilities from afar (internet, sat phone, etc), but hope to be able to at some point.

I've moved so much that I have rented a prior house along the way. In fact, I rented one for about 10 years (back in the last real estate crash). Be very careful.

The average tenant will treat it as semi-disposable, so do not expect to get it back in the same condition you left it. I've found the best way to keep the tenant from soing outright stupid things is to be sure you keep it in great shape. Everything should work and be proper and clean. As soon as they see you let something slip, they will double the bet.

If you're away, be sure to have someone that will manage the property and has a checkbook to fix things.

Hope you have a great cruise !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook