SailNet Community - View Single Post - Garmin hand held marine units
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011

Thestar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Thestar
Garmin hand held marine units

At last a solution has been received for the Garmin hand held GPS H72 that I use to navigate with. From new out of the box it has NO software just a mini CD that contains a manual.

I can now do the following:

A. Back-up the entire units data, including partial data.
B. Restore any saved data. Fully or partially.
C. Create new data and export in to the unit.

Data being as below:
1. Tracks,
2. Way Points.
3. Routes.

NOTE:

The model H72 is only capable of holding ten (10) Tracks, five hundred (500) Way Points and fifty (50) Routes so is a little limited.

With the use of the software I can now hold ALL the required data files on a laptop and simply import and export as required. This removes the above limitations to some degree.

Software tested and works on the following Garmin hand held models 72, 72H, 78 and 78S these are the only marine hand held units I can confirm it works with.
It may work with other Garmin devices this I cannot confirm you are welcome to try but at your own risk!

N.B. The Software DOES NOT give you any navigational charts.

The software is available to any person with a Garmin unit if you would like a copy for your device please PM me and I shall give you the download link and instructions.