SailNet Community - View Single Post - Calling All North American Spirit 23 Owners
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011

blobaugh is on a distinguished road
Windyway as you know I have zzZippety Doo Dah on the hard right now. The centerboard snapped right at the edge of the fixed portion of the keel :S. Built a new one which I will post on my site soon. Here is what the old one looked like Ben Lobaugh Online » ZDD: Lucky sailing this summer

My centerboard cable was not actually broken. I looked at it Saturday to get an idea of what is going on and found that the cable broke off the centerboard when the centerboard snapped. The cable is fine. As a quick fix I am using some fuel line to act as the friction buffer from the keel. Eventually I will fix it properly with a pulley, but I think that when I do so I will cut open the indent in the top of the keel where the pulley goes and make the attachments there, then repair that hole. It will be a lot easier doing it that way than trying to hold everything up in the cavity to get it in place.

Pictures and notes will follow when she goes back into the water. Hope I can provide something you all can learn from
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook