SailNet Community - View Single Post - Required Safety Gear
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidd View Post
For instance they tell you you need a MOB class IV "throwable"...OK, the ring, the horseshoe, or the cushion...? Which do you prefer and why..?

That's why I ask here/now...

I have all winter to outfit my boat, Christmas is coming and all that..
I'm not trying to discourage you from asking.

We have all three.

I know that people are busy and I'm not just saying this because I'm a boating instructor (and I think the other instructors in the forum would agree), there just isn't anything that beats a seat in the chair classroom or on-board training where you can get immediate one-on-one feedback to your questions and hands-on time with the equipment. You've already seen the limitations of the online courses. When you take the ASA course you'll see the limitations even more.

This forum is fantastic for getting information, but you also have to be able to sift through what is right for you at your stage of the game. For example, while JimsCAL's link to offshore requirements is a nice to know, it's more than you may need at this moment in your sailing career and may not apply to the type of sailing you will be doing in the near future. I'm the type of person who would file it away for the future, but some may simply get confused. Not saying you would, just saying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook