SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau 42 DS Comissioning
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Minne,

In your case, a boat you own, trying to get it delivered for a reasonable fee, sailing might very well be the preferred way. BUT, if the OP's boat was launched from the Jeanneau factory in SC, a day late and dollar short lets add, motoring might be the only way to get it to FL for the show, since this was a show model!

If it were a day late, it is also possible some items were not taken care of by the yard that put it in, notes were lost as to what was or was not done, Assumed after the show someone would have time to fix some of the issues..... time was not given to them...

One can come up with multiple reasons both good and bad as to why the OP had issues. Same with the hours on the boat. Local Jeanneau dealer they own a yard 70 or so miles north of seattle, they launch, prep etc there, then literally motor the "stock" to sell boats to seattle. As they are paying the delivery crew by the hour, one gets a no wind day which is somewhat reasonably common here in puget sound, and the boat can literally go backwards due to tides. So motoring to deliver the boats is more the norm.

It would and will be interesting to see what the final verdict was. I doubt we will figure it out.

Marty