SailNet Community - View Single Post - Length limit for single handers???
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 11-09-2011 Thread Starter
Jace2
Jace2

Uh, well, thanks, Jeff. No need to get pissy, I never said, or even implied, that I was a "very skilled single-hander". In fact, just to dispel any misgivings, I have sailed 6 times on a lake for a around 4 or 5 hours in a '68 Coronado 25. That's it! That is the extent of my single-handing experience.

I would have thought that my in-experience is obvious since I'm on here asking the the questions I'm asking.

But perhaps I'm misreading your post and you meant no implication of a 'pretense of skills' on my part. If I implied - or you somehow inferred - that I have the experience to know sailboats and their suitability for any given sailing situation, then, just to sharpen the tip of my point to a refined, unmistakeable, hypodermic injection instrument even further - syringetically speaking - let me say this: No Experience Here To Speak Of.

But I do thank you for your input, it is very helpful. So much so that I feel much more informed now about my decision on the particular boat I'm looking at after reading your post. You've really have been a great help, you advice is quite salient and seems to make very good sense.

I'll have to weigh everything and figure the hell out what to do. Dammit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome