SailNet Community - View Single Post - no start Yanmar
Thread: no start Yanmar
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011

dabnis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchad View Post
I got out to the boat this afternoon, changed the racor primary filter with new O rings, changed the fuel filter, added fresh diesel to the primary filter, bled the system again all the way to the fuel lines where they enter the cylinders. Still no start...the engine cranks, tries to fire but won't sustain itself. The air intake emits a puff of smoke when I top cranking.....still puzzled....and getting a bit frustrated.
"puff of smoke"? If the injector pump has been removed of moved the timing may be off enough to keep it from running. Maybe a squirt of WD 40 spray when cranking and just a little bit more after it catches to see if it keeps running? You might want to check with Yanmar or one of their dealers about trying this before hand. I have kind of lost track but have you tried another injector? A shop should be able to check the existing injector. In your original post you said this started in August? Any work of any kind done before then? It sounds like the problem came on suddenly rather than gradually?

Dabnis
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook