SailNet Community - View Single Post - Captain Wanted San Fran to Curacao
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011

Venture Beyond is on a distinguished road
Hi,

My name is Ryan Langley and I am a 19 year old licensed captain from Port Angeles, WA. I am contacting you about your request for a skipper for the passage between San Francisco and Curaco.

I have sailed my entire life, logging over 17,000 miles in the past three years. I trained extensively with Brian Caldwell (Bj Caldwell the youngest person to sail around the world in 1996 and one of the world's best sailors) on four Pacific crossings, and have sailed extensively in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. I sailed from Newfoundland to Greenland and down to Maine on the MV Wanderbird this summer (wanderbirdcruises.com).

I know Panama and the Caribbean because last winter I was chosen by Jesse Martin (www.jessemartin.net) to deliver his Contessa from the Bahamas to Panama, a voyage I made solo. I've sailed through the Panama Canal twice.

Your trip looks very doable for a early December departure, taking two months or so to get to Curaco. The last leg, upwind would be a bit bumpy but very doable with a good vessel.

I would love to share my sailing skills with you and your son. Please let me know if you're still looking for a skipper for the voyage. My email is southernocean@juno.com.

Fair Winds,

Ryan Langley
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook