SailNet Community - View Single Post - Question about mainsail troubles.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
Wow Casey,

That doesn't sound right. I'm thinking your dodger must be too high. I wouldn't think you'd want to change the shape of the main to compensate. But I guess if I were you, I'd do what I had to, to make it work.

Is there any chance you to adjust your main so it sits higher on the mast? Is there room at the mast head to do that? Seems like that would be a good way to go, even if you had to alter it a bit. I'm sure you don't want to loss that dodger. That's something I'm hoping to add to my boat. I have very little room in which to do it, so it will have to be a small one.
The luff of the main is tight and no more room to uphaul further. The leech seems like it is too long as it will not lift the boom to the horizontal position which I would think it should do. If the boom were horizontal it would clear the dodger by about 6 inches which would be ok. My dodger is very low and should not interfere. Seems the sail should lift the boom to the horizontal postion which it is not doing- maybe it is blown out.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook