I have a Mack Pack system from Mack Sails.
Its one of the best improvements we've made and their product is less expensive than competing similar products.
Well worth taking a serious look imho.
Originally Posted by dvuyxx
I must admit the one thing I dread is putting the mainsail away. I have lazyjacks
with a conventional sail-tie and buckle-down cover setup. I have uttered many profanities at the end of the sailing day.
What's the scoop on the Stack-Pack or mainsail drop-bag (term?) setup? I've seen a few threads on the subject, but I'm still confused?
- Can this type of bag work with my existing lazyjacks
- Do you have to have full-batten sail for this system? Doyle shows full battens in their photos.
- Can't you just have a canvas shop make one that works around the lazys and flake it into the bag as you zip it up?
- Can the bag roll and tie up along the boom or does it have to stay vertically extended under sail?
- I'd like to see your setup if you have one!