SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bareboat charter companies in the BVI
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006

Chuteman is on a distinguished road
Sunsail Start Time + Voyage

Ken is right about Sunsail start time - everywhere I've chartered with them. ....and their plan is for you not to leave the dock that evening but they only charge you a 1/2 day (7 day charter is calculated @ 6.5 x daily rate). To me it replaced a hotel that I would use anyway after blowing the day flying to the location plus doing all the pre-sail stuff which always takes longer than you want it to especially if it's only a couple sailing or inexperienced crew tagging along. You get a chance in the am to get any remaining items taken care of & questions answered of the staff....and off you go. Depending on the season & boat availability, I've found Sunsail local staff (especially is you treat them with respect & a smile) very flexible & willing to provide access to the boat before the "start" time. Very helpful when stowing gear & provisions. Moorings was not willing to do that at all in BVI.
Voyage Chaters = Yup, around the harbor from the ferry dock at West End / Sophers hole ..........in fact their operation has swallowed up the fuel dock/water fill area. Fancy office as they are handling not only charters but yacht /charter ownership plus new cat sales.
http://www.voyagecharters.com/index002.asp
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook