SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing off...
Thread: Sailing off...
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011

chuck53 is on a distinguished road
OK, here's a suggestion. Get off the "Her sailnet" forum where there is very little traffic and move over to the "cruising & livaboard" or "general discussion" forums where a lot more people will see your posts and offer suggesions and advice. Then when you want to talk about specific boats, go to the "Boat review" forum.

I agree that a 28 footer would be a good size for many who want to do what you are planning.
I'm a Catalina owner and fan and think the C-27 is a great boat, but it's not made for open blue water sailing. There are other boats in the same size range that are better suited for your adventure, but they come with a much heaftier price tag. That's why I keep asking your budget.
I really don't care to know what your bank balance is, but it takes a certain amount of money to do what you are planning and if you only have a Catalina or Hunter budget, then you may have to re-think your plans.
A good place to re-start this discussion...What boats on yachtworld have caught your eye that you think would be a good boat for your adventure.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook