SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing off...
Thread: Sailing off...
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011

sailguy40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl48 View Post
I'm at a point where I have few, if any, strings left. My job is going away. There are no kids at home. And I want to see more of the world by water.

I've done day sailing and a few weekends. I want to take off and escape it all!

Any pointers?
Priceless! Now where are all the single women who are like this?? Maybe you can give me some pointers on finding them? If I ever had a wife or girlfriend tell me something like this, I would buy us the biggest, nicest Beneteau you can lay your eyes on no matter if I have to break the bank or not. Name that yacht "Paradise Bound", then we would set sail and find our paradise. See, the problem I have is I am really into sailing and kayaking and any woman I am with would really have to enjoy doing this stuff with me. You are another proof they are out there.

Well at last there are many here who can provide lots of advice. I have only done day, overnight, and weekend sailing so I am in the same boat as you but I have an Oday 22. Hey you ever heard that song "The Climb" by Miley Cirus? Look it up, it's pretty cool and may inspire you to keep your dreams going. It's all about the climb so keep climbing just as that song will tell you. Well good luck to you!

"The sound of the sea, is becoming very familiar to me."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook