SailNet Community - View Single Post - Which route would you choose - Red Sea or Cape?
View Single Post
post #24 of Old 11-21-2011
Sequitur
... a logical conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by killarney_sailor View Post
Michael am I missing something here? Are you spending a year in South Africa/Mauritius? If you are arriving in Cape Town in March (I think you said at the earliest) and spending a couple of months in South Africa, say April-May, you would be heading onward in the fall into winter, June/Julyish? It is early in the morning here and I may not have read your itinerary properly.
The operative words in my previous post were: "if our current schedule warp continues its hold", which is a swipe at our plans for two months in Peru stretching to more than six, and our planned three months in Chile already nearly eleven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequitur View Post
Thanks for the advice. Our intention is to head south-southeast from Mauritius/Rodriguez to pick-up the southern current and the Westerlies, somewhere around 40 or a tad more south. This is quite close to the great circle route, anyway. By the time we've enjoyed Africa and Mauritius/Rodriguez, it will likely be well into the southern spring or maybe even summer, if our current schedule warp continues its hold.

Cheers,
Michael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1908 Wildschut Skūtsje

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome