SailNet Community - View Single Post - Diesel engine, top sides, hull, and woodwork repair
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
The hullwork alone will set you back about $8K. That price is pretty reasonable for a yard to do it, but it doesn't FEEL reasonable, does it? If I was you, I'd hit up Amazon, get a copy of Don Casey's This Old Boat and his Hull Repair guide, and read up over the winter. When you are making up your Christmas list, ask for tape, a sander, sandpaper (Lee Valley has a REALLY good deal on Norton 3X now), a buttload of chip brushes and rollers, scrapers, gloves etc. Anything you can remove from the boat and work on in the comfort of your warm home over the winter, do it now. TRegarding the hull and deck, I would advise taking a week off from work in the spring and getting her done. For $1000 in materials you can have a bright shiny hull and deck that is repairable in the future when you need to touch up the inevitable scuffs and scratches, and you will KNOW how to repair it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook