SailNet Community - View Single Post - etiquette?
Thread: etiquette?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011

emoney is on a distinguished road
I still say that easiest way to get along with others is to avoid them. I'm no recluse, I don't think anyway, but this thread alone has brought out "debate" amongst complete strangers, and neither side usually sees their input into it. The reality is, people are going to "cruise" pretty much the way they live on the hard. There are those that don't know there's another soul around for miles at times (trust me, I live on the water and the noise from my neighbors can be deafening at times and they have no idea from the sounds of it--people arguing/fighting, the parties..etc. etc.). If I want total silence when I sleep, I probably won't pick that marina that's got boats with "The Party's Over Here" neon signs flashing at 0300. I don't have a genset, but if you do, great. Truth is, I've slept through hurricanes, so that little Honda isn't going to wake me. But, if you really, really want to initiate a conversation with me, please don't start it with, "You know what you should do......", you may just get advice on where I think you should "go" next. Why can't we all just get along? (cue "Give Peace a Chance" music)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook