SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important for the Ladies
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
I never really understand why there is this diference between what men and women want in a cruiser.

Most of the stuff makes the guys sound like they want a dark damp cave that sails on the edge all the time.

The only things I wanted in the boat that my wife didn't have on her list were related to doing maintenance.
I think the OP wants to ensure that his wife's requirements are not ignored, which I think is admirable. The final list may well have been the same between them, but each partner should still have a say. I would think anyone who doesn't own a boat alone would request requirements from the other partner (regardless of gender) who will also have financial and sweat equity invested. It just so happened that the OP's partner was his wife, whence his reason for asking advice of other women. Covering all bases.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook