SailNet Community - View Single Post - Grampian 26
Thread: Grampian 26
View Single Post
post #17 of Old 11-25-2011
Cruxandreams
young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiegoddamn View Post
Hey this is Jackie, I'm the current owner of Destiny. Picked it up from a guy named Andrew. Seems like he did quite a bit of work. Even got a new mast, boom, furling, and sails. Getting ready to get all new standing rigging. It's quite a project, since the mast is from a different boat, I have to somehow figure out how to get the measurements accurate, at least for the shrouds.
The mast is from a 33', cut and rewelded to be the same height as the standard mast. The spreaders are different than g26, so it's been kind of a headache coming up with ideas for getting the wire cut to the right size.

It's a great boat though. I've been living on it, anchored in ICW, for the last 2 months.
Good luck Jacky I was the one who bought the boat from tom and sold it to Andrew. She was a great little boat for me, that I motored across the inland lake, and lived on for about 7 months. She is a Super solid little boat, and I hope you are able to get her sailing again. P.s. the mast that I sold with her to Anders was off a 33 morgan it was too long, so I had it cut to size, a sleeve from the cut out section put in and tack welded back together. Any way I feel this mast is still is way to large "heavy" for this boat. you are better off scraping this mast and finding one that is smaller. I miss that little boat, and wish you the best of luck with her. p.s. if you have any questions, I would be glad to answer. also, have you got the rudder back on?
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome