SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just beginning to shop around... would love feedback/ideas...
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011

shadowraiths is on a distinguished road
K, mini-updated. The columbia turned out to be a total wash. The guy flaked on me. Though, from what I can tell, it was def a project boat.

Next up. Went to look at a 37' Irwin with a transferable liveaboard slip. It's a pretty boat but from what I can tell, it is also a project boat. While the live space seems to have been kept up, the rest has not. Therefore, it would need a new engine, sails & sail covers, rigging, and sheets. Additionally, the bottom hasn't been painted for years. In fact, it needs a new paint job. And the brightwork is pretty much toast. Then, there's the size issue. I am actually looking for smaller as opposed to larger. Though, from a liveaboard standpoint, it is certainly sweet. That is, again, the interior has been kept up. The *big* however, and imho, deal breaker, is the other work. It's sorta like a house. Buy something that isn't kept up and pay for unexpected yet required maintenance.

Anyway, that's my update for now. Am still researching. :-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook