SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
I had not time to post today. I have been busy with the possible order of a Salona 38 for me and the specifications I want on the boat. The good news are things are looking good.

One of the things I did not like was the instruments out in the front cockpit and the plotter on the chart table. With a two wheel setup is difficult to have a nice pod set up that does not the boat look ugly. Look at this one they are proposing...not bad!

And about the keel and the bowsprit it seems that I am not the only one that want them. Just look at this new 41, prepared to do some serious racing, with the keel and bowsprit I want. They have already develop them

By the way, a new test on the Salona 41 by Yachtingworld magazine. They say about it:

The Salona 41 is a very sporty cruising boat, easily handled by a crew of two, and a real looker to boot. She is built to a high standard and is fitted with top of the range kit, including Harken winches. She has superb hull-keel strength from the lead keel being built over a steel skeleton which bolts onto the hull cage.

PERFORMANCE
Salona has sold yachts to sailors who have competed in the Sydney-Hobart Race, which gives some idea of their performance. But she holds her sail well, is easily driven and effortlessly sailed short-handed.

AT THE HELM
Twin carbon fibre wheels are mounted astern of her German mainsheet system: a necessity for such a tall rig so the helmsman can reach the Harken 40, two-speed self-tailers.

DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
The vacuum infused hull comprises a solid laminate on the bottom and hand- laminated polyester elsewhere. There are watertight bulkheads in bow and stern.

Verdict

For: Excellent design and construction
Against: Unsteady chart table

I would be surprised if Salona did not become a household name among British sailors over the next decade.

Scores

Performance 10/10
Design and Construction 10/10
Sail Plan 10/10
Helm 10/10
Deck Layout 9/10
Living Below 9/10
Chart Table 5/10
Galley 8/10
Maintenance 9/10

Salona 41 boat test | Single-Hull Boat Reviews | Yachting Monthly

Well, nothing new, I had already have said to you guys that this is a great boat

Last edited by PCP; 11-27-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook