SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor Wars - In Search of the Lost Truth.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Gotcha. When you said "no one" was clean, it seemed to implicate CMP too. Based on what I read in your link, it wasn't full clear that RINA actually accepted a bribe either. I think we should be careful fanning flames. However, the Rocna/China problem is certainly on fire.
Here's the statement:

Quote:
He claimed in his evidence that this money was for me to make cash payments to Rina for expenses incurred in obtaining certification.

The facts , backed up by emails and other written informations, are that he instructed me to bribe certain officals at Rina and at another manufacturing facility with this cash amount in order to gain certification. Upon my return to NZ he praised me for a job well done and announced to the world that certification had been obtained.
Agreed that nothing is definitive - and it needs clarification (which I've asked Grant for). But if you take what he's written as it reads, along with the court finding, that $5K that was meant as bribe money for RINA officials and another manufacturing facility went somewhere - and that somewhere pleased his boss.

Hopefully Grant will clear this up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 11-28-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook