SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine ST60 Wind
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Raymarine ST60 Wind

Our girl has ST60 speed, depth, wind and graphic display all inter connected with auto pilot.

A while back we seemingly lost the wind instrument calibration. Direction was all over the place and there was no speed reading.

Wind speed reading on the graphics display was OK and the masthead gizmo looked fine from the deck.

Went into user calibration and reset the wind instrument to factory default at which time speed reading reappeared but direction still seemed out of kilter, roughly by about 20 degrees.

We've tried recalibrating while heading into the wind but it doesn't seem to be making any improvement.

Now, I've seen another thread here from some time back discussing the ST60Wind but that centred around wiring connections. Given that we do have direction (albeit inaccurate) and speed (seemingly accurate) I'm wondering what the problem might be.

I havn't gone up and checked wiring at masthead but deck level connections are all fine and dandy.

Anyone have any thoughts ?

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook