SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Thank you guys, but I really would have preferred to hear those congratulations after the leasing guys said OK, just in case

BB, I had never had charted before I sold the Bavaria and I had nice experiences sailing a new Dufour 425 and this year a new Salona 41.

Sailing a new 38/40ft top boat in summer on a top cruising ground it will cost a between 2500 and 3000€ a week.

To have a boat like the Salona 38 on a top cruising ground on the med, including insurance, annual marina and maintenance will cost about 10 000€ a year and not counting with the boat devaluation. That will permit to charter a top new boat on a top cruising ground between 3 to 4 weeks.

The obvious conclusion is that it is only worth to have a boat if you sail more than a month a year. Most people don't have the time for that and that's why the charter marker has been raising each year.

That's not the case with me that will certainly be sailing much more than that, now that I am semi-retired.

And about the boat....I will not have no intention to sell this one in the future. This one was chose with care to be my boat.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook