SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine ST60 Wind
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
do you see any differential between True and Apparent ? Or is the direction constant?
Interesting point and not one I can answer as we always leave it on 'apparent'. Interestingly enough though, the problem first appeared when the display was changed from 'apparent' to 'true'. Direction was out from there on and when switched back to 'apparent' was when speed disappeared.

Quote:
From what I recall, for user calibration, you have to do more than head directly into the wind. You have to start heading into the wind, then do 2 slow circles in order for the instrument to calibrate. Its damn hard to do right, and in the end, I had to use the manual calibration offsets...but my instruments have never been right.

I'm not sure about the two circles. Certainly that is required when calibrating new out of the box but the manual does not mention circling for re-calibration. I intend trying to redo calibration next weekend in clamer conditions than we had on Sunday.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook