SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where are all the Texas Padre Island Cruisers
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011

s/vchaser is on a distinguished road
We are in the san patricio navigation district marina in Aransas Pass right now. Moving to Island moorings next week and I can't wait! Hot showers and a hot tub!!!!! Liveaboards aren't allowed at San Pat marina and most of my learning to sail has been trips to Island moorings or Rockport municipal marina to use their free self serve pump outs every week. It's as good an excuse as any to sail right? My wife and I own a Ranger 29 sailboat named chaser and commute down to Corpus every week from Lubbock. She is a college professor there and my job is taking care of the ranch and her. I'm like an unpaid chauffeur I guess. haha. We sail a lot so if any of you want to meet up just let me know. I have learned the ICW in that area pretty well and with a 5.6 foot draft believe me I have learned the hard way. Haven't had to call the tow boat yet though. Thankfully. This weekend we're going up to House of boats to clean the bottom and change my prop then off to Island moorings as soon as I'm done. Hope to meet some of you.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook