SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Bristol 29

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MarkSF 
#1 ·
Hello I am new(ish) to sailnet and my boat and wanted to see if there were any other Bristol 29 owners out there.

#3 ·
I'm sure there are plenty. Although, unless you have a post that is very specific to the B29, you might do better on the main forum, than in the Bristol sub-forum. In some ways it might even make sense to have subforums by designer, rather than manufacturer.

#6 ·
Well, there is a 3/4 NPT in the side of the keel. I am assuming it is just to drain the bilge once boat is out of the water.

I have never used an Atomic 4, are there any zincs within the motor I should change this winter?

What should I keep on board for spare parts, i.e. plugs, wires, roter...?

Any other parts I should check this winter?

Thanks
Bob

#7 ·
The Universal diesels have a zinc in the heat exchanger. Have a look at yours and look for a nut on the side of the heat exchanger.

The manual for my diesel recommends as spares : Oil filter, fuel filter, 2 quarts of oil, gallon of pre-mixed coolant, raw water impeller, V belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.