Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belleville Wisconsin
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I've had the boat for about 10 years. I'll have to look at the registration to get you the build year. It was a bit run down when I got it with lots of topside leaks mainly around the windows. The balsa core in the topside compounds the leak problem since you have no idea where the water is coming from. I dug out the balsa in the window openings and replaced it with epoxy and reset the windows and ports. I've also reset most if not all of the deck hardware and I now have no topside leaks. I've replaced the teak main hatch rails and the grab rails. I sail the boat on Lake Mendota in Madison Wisconsin about 9000 acres; smaller than the lakes in Kentucky I imagine. The boat is adequate for my purpose which is mainly day sails with an occasional overnight. It's quite stable with the heavy keel; I usually put in a reef as the wind gets over 15 mph as we often experience quite gusty conditions. I think the boat is over powered at winds above 15 mph without a reef. As you know the cockpit is a bit cramped but ok for 4 people. I've noticed people complain about the head door. I fixed that problem by replacing the door with two doors. One at the rear the width of the aisle that can be left half open closing off the aisle to expand the head when in use. The other smaller door is on the forward side. I also run the mast wiring down through the mast step and connect the wires to a terminal block in the head eliminating the on deck connector and it's attendant problems. The wire passes through a rubber stopper that gets pinched as you raise the mast. Let me know what else I can tell you. My email is mike.z.dorl AT gmail.com
Last edited by Faster; 11-29-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Reason: broke 'mailto' link (spam prevention)