SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lost at sea
Thread: Lost at sea
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
There is nothing like looking at a full size chart; beats the heck out of a 8 inch screen.

I do have electronic charts on both my desk top and my netbook. They are useful as a shift from boat to boat. I also have my toy charts on my Android phone.

I teach coastal navigation on paper charts and chart 1, using paper tide and current tables.

I envy you the cognac; for some reason as a I have matured my tolerance for spirits (cognac, sipping rum and single malt scotch) as diminished - brutal headaches.
Sorry about the headaches Jack. I was getting headaches until I found I had become allergic to Corn of all things. The damned stuff is in everything! Lots of alcohol products have things like corn in them to precipitate headaches. Lots of beers have corn products. Some I can drink, others will give me a headache after drinking even one. It's possible you may be allergic to something specific that you can eliminate, not just booze in general.