SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you call the opening on the bulwark
View Single Post
post #13 of Old 11-30-2011
Capt Len
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nanaimo B.C.
Posts: 3,446
Thanks: 3
Thanked 101 Times in 100 Posts
Rep Power: 6
If the anchor rode goes thru it --Hawse pipe' If for mooring lines --Fairlead (chocks) As long as crew knows what you are yelling call it.If you want to hand bomb a vessel along a dock or along side another you are warping. Hope your help can follow directions as one leads, others take orders.
Capt Len is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome