SailNet Community - View Single Post - first boat
Thread: first boat
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011
John

ImASonOfaSailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor
My personal advice would be don’t be closed minded to just traditional style sailing! Almost everyone here is MONO sailors 1 Hull sailors! Which is fine we all enjoy the power of the wind? I am just saying don’t be afraid to try the other world if you have never sailed before, I say go to a school, or find someone to crew with Learn, that way you will see if you really like it.. What type of water are you going to be sailing in? I can’t tell you how many times as a kid I would see these people our neighbors on the dock, BUY a huge expensive sailboat and don’t know how to sail it or even want to learn it. Then it sits at the dock. Everyone here is very nice and very experienced in a lot of areas they will help you with anything or just tell you straight out if you’re in danger of being KILLED! Well i can tell you that too.

What type of experience do you have?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"""Here's a toast to you on the coast and the sailors out at sea Drink your ales, hoist your sails Ride the windssssssssss and think of me,,,,,,,,,, 'cause Oh I wish I was there tonight"""

Last edited by ImASonOfaSailor; 12-02-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook