SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another bit of malicious code on your site.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011

steel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by landmineop View Post
The only information from Norton is as follows: Rule "Default Block SSP" blocked (10.0.0.23, Port(2869) ). Inbound TCP connection. There wre several that hit all at once. Sure glad I have Norton.
That's like well imagine you had Norton for your phone. And Norton for your phone told you that it had blocked an incoming phone call from a telemarketer who was trying to scam you. It didn't necessarily save you from anything. Computers receive random incoming connections all the time just like houses receive solicitors. Often they're out scanning the Internet looking for some old piece of software to take advantage of.

Anyway, I don't think that message you got was related to Sailnet.

But where is the malicious code that someones AV software is detecting? Is there an advertisement which is causing it? Did someone post a link to a malicious website in one of their postings?

CharlieCobra, I saw the fake Google link but where did that come from? Was it just added to a random place on the sailnet website? Or in an advertisement or someone's post?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook