SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Well, I was wrong. The Salona 35 is not yet on the water. I was fooled by one of the best photo-realistic images I have ever seen. This one (now bigger):

But I have some news, the price will start at 99 500€ with special prices for first boats. The boat comes with only one interior, this one:

And they released the polar speed prediction:

This are the speeds with the genoa and main. As you can see, as in the Salona 41 I sail this summer, the speeds with light wind are very good:

The boat can make 4.8K with 4k wind, with 5.5K with 5K wind and 6.2 with 6K wind. I wonder with a geenaker at 90º what would be the speed with 4K wind? probably 6K

Downwind the speed is also very good. the boat makes 9.3K at 90º with 25k wind and over 10K at 110º. This is a very good performance for a 35ft boat

with spinnaker with 25K at 130º the boat makes 10.5K and I wonder what speed it will make with a really strong wind like 30 or 35K. I guess this boat will be able to go at 12/13K.

I will be very curious to see this boat at Dusseldorf boat show. If the interior is as good as the drawing lead to believe, it will be a very interesting boat
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook